Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday!!!

I did make the cake yesterday, but Joe is going to have to live with me making something else. I doubled the recipe because it freezes well. The 9inch pan I baked part of it in stuck a bit and the bundt pan I did the rest in stuck horribly! Needless to say, the bundt cake is in pieces in the freezer and the other I coated with a glaze to hold it together! It still tastes great tho! ;) No pictures this time however... I bet the broken pieces will make a fabulous trifle with blueberries and lemon pudding!

I made the Sausage and Peppers again last night and added angel hair pasta. It was outstanding! I even took a pic for the blog! This time I added a small sliced zucchini and the garlic I forgot last time. It was even better! Here's the "official" recipe and the photo:


Sausage and Peppers W/Pasta
4 links Italian sausage
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 red bell pepper, chunked
1 green bell pepper, chunked
1 onion, sliced
1 small zucchini, sliced
2 tsp each dried oregano and basil
1 tbsp minced garlic
Angel Hair pasta, cooked and tossed with EVOO
In an 8x11 baking dish, mix the veggies and herbs. Lay the sausages on top and cover the dish with foil. Bake at 400 degrees for an hour, then remove the foil and bake another 20 minutes or until the sausages brown a bit and are cooked thoroughly.
Serve on top of the pasta and top with a little shredded Parmesan if desired (highly recommended!).

So Dad checked my blog yesterday! Guess he knew I was thinking about him, eh? I can't wait until July when we can take a weekend and go visit them in the new house. It's going to be so nice having them only 4 hours away instead of 14! Sam is very excited about going camping with them sometime this summer. Can't imagine why... His Gramps was the first person to take him camping! We just have to convince Sam that it's okay to camping somewhere other than Arches... That may take time!
Sam took this picture of Miss Charlie last night. She must be part ferret, she is always sitting up like this! I even catch Max doing it too from time to time. They are truly bizarro kitties! I'm very happy that her mark on her forehead isn't fading anymore. The Eiffel Tower is too cute to disappear!
Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Nau-Dee said...

I too love the The Eiffel Tower mark on her head. I'm so thrilled you are enjoying them as you are. Do they not bother your allergies?

So does Sam know that his Grandpa has moved and lives closer or is that part still a surprise? Sam doesn't have anything else to really compare with the Arches but he'll have a blast no matter where they go. Perhaps you could tell him that that's part of the fun of camping - going somewhere new!?

Happy Fathers Day to Joe - have any big plans for it?

Kitchen Goddess said...

the kitties don't bother me. my cat allergy disappeared ages ago when i was a kid, thank goodness!
yes, sam knows dad is closer. he is happy about that, but thinks he'll never make it back to arches. suzy says no one could ever keep dad away from there, so i'm sure he can take sam back someday!
plans for F Day... watch for my post tomorrow!~