Monday, June 18, 2007

The weekend details...

So I couldn't say what we were doing for the weekend because it was a surprise. Over a month ago my dad's wife Suzy asked if we could possibly come to Tulsa to surprise Dad for his birthday. We had been keeping this a secret for quite awhile! So, Friday Joe worked the morning, then we all got in the car and drove to Tulsa. Not a bad drive actually, except for the kiddo in the backseat whining "Are we there yet?". We got to their house a bit later than planned (there was an accident on the freeway immediately before our exit and we had to find another way), and we had Sam go ring the bell. When Dad answered, he was floored to find Sam standing on the steps! It was great! We stayed there until Sunday morning, then came home a different route- much faster and shorter. It was a great weekend! I must say I was very surprised that he didn't suspect anything after my mysterious entry the other day...
They took us to dinner Saturday night at PF Changs. Oh man, that was sooooo good! I had the Sichuan by the Sea- scallops, calamari, and shrimp in a sichuan sauce over brown rice. The calamari was so incredibly tender, it was all so delicious! Probably a good thing there isn't one near us! I think I may be able to replicate the chicken lettuce cups we had for the appetizer too. I will work on that. So not a great weekend food-wise, but we're back to behaving this week! dad said next time he'll take me to try sushi. I have been wanting to try it, but Joe has no desire!
Another thing we did was go to a Wild Oats store after dinner. I have never been to one, and could very easily lose all sense of monetary control there. They had Larabars in seven flavors, so we got a pecan pie one and a chocolate coconut one. I bought bulk fructose and lots of bulk spelt flour for so cheap! I also bought this gorgeous orchid. It was a surprise to find out what it would look like- it was covered in buds but had none open yet. Two of them started opening in the car on the way home. I'm very happy it's so different!


Well that's all I have to report right now. Today I am working on getting back to normal!

No comments: