Thursday, June 14, 2007

Swimtop and dinner...

I got my swimtop yesterday! It's really nice too! I ended up spending almost $80 after shipping, but it got here in 3 days and I got a free beach bag with it. Here is the link top what I bought, I got the black one- http://www.junonia.com/detail.htm?sid=537005&tl=1&ldid=2&sdid=5 It looks great with the boyshort bottoms I bought at Walmart. I am trying it out today. Sam passed his level in swimming yesterday, so today is a free day and I'm going to swim with him.
Last night I made a pretty tasty dinner. I have a great grilling book and got the chicken recipe from there. They are called "Thunder Thighs"! I also made yummy soba noodles with lots of veggies and some broccoli to have with it. Very good meal!

Thunder Thighs
1 package chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup red rooster sauce (Vietnamese chili garlic sauce)
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp sesame oil
Mix everything together in a zipper bag and marinate for about 2-3 hours. Supposed to grill them, but it was raining so I broiled them for about 10 minutes on the first side and 7-8 on the second. Yummy!
Asian Noodles
1 package soba noodles, cooked as directed
1/2 small zucchini, julienned
1 carrot, julienned
1/4 red bell pepper, julienned
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp low sugar teriyaki sauce
Saute the carrots and shrooms in the oil about 4 minutes, then add the onion and zucchini. When they begin to soften, add the noodles, pepper, and sauce and toss thru. That's it!
For some reason (maybe been skimping on the water or something?) my weight has been at 190-191 for the last few days. I think I haven't been doing well with my water and know I have had tiny bits of non-friendly foods. It may also be that I haven't been walking lately. Hope today's swimming will help a little.
Have tons to do today, unfortunately nothing I can mention here for now. Let's just say I am baking a Lemon Olive Oil Cake this afternoon for the weekend. I will try to remember to photo it and post the recipe.

Today is my Dad's 56th birthday! Happy Birthday Dad!!

2 comments:

Nau-Dee said...

Cute swim top, congrats to Sam in passing his swim level, happy bday to your father, your dinner looks and sound yummy and Hugs to you! :D

Kitchen Goddess said...

thanks! it's nice too, i'm glad!
funny, dad just happened to check my blog THAT DAY? weird...
dinner was fab! i bought some REAL soba noodles saturday (ones actually made from buckwheat) so i plan to make at least the noodle dish again!