Friday, September 22, 2006

Veggies & Cheese Casserole


I got this recipe today from Danielle. I had asked for suggestions to liven up our dinner veggies as it seems we are eating the same old, same old. She gave me this one, and I added a couple things. WOW! The kiddo wasn't impressed, but he's not fond of mixing anything. Hubby and I though thought this was terrific, and it will be made quite often I'm sure! Thanks DD! I served this with Bacon Cheezburger Meatloaf. It was a match made in heaven!

Veggies & Cheese Casserole P2 (P1 if you omit breadcrumbs)

16oz bag frozen cauliflower
10oz bag frozen broccoli
4oz lite cream cheese
2 wedges Laughing Cow Lite
3 TBSP dried chives
1/2 cup FF sour cream
4 TBSP margarine, divided
3/4 cup WW breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
1 cup shredded Italian mixed cheese
1/4 cup bacon bits (the real kind)

Preheat oven to 350.
Bring water to a boil and cook the cauliflower just until tender, then drain well and place in a bowl. Using a potato masher, mash the cauliflower leaving some chunks. Boil the broccoli until tender and drain it. Add this to the cauliflower along with the cream cheese, sour cream, chives, garlic powder, salt & pepper, 3 TBSP margarine, Laughing Cow, Italian cheese mix, and bacon bits. Stir until mixed, and pour into a sprayed 8x11 baking dish.
In another bowl, mix the remaining margarine, breadcrumbs, and cheddar until crumbly. Sprinkle this over the top of the veggies. Bake for 35 minutes until browned and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

Nau-Dee said...

These additions look great. I'm gonna give them a try the next time I make this!