Tuesday, September 05, 2006

PIZZA!!!


I got this recipe from my new cookbook "The Good Carb Cookbook". This is an oatbran crust, and it's fabulous! Even the kiddo liked it, and he HATES ww pizza crust! He ate five pieces...

Oatbran Pizza Crust P2

1 1/2-2 C WW flour
1/2 C oatbran
1 package rapid rise yeast
3/4 C very warm water
1 tsp honey (it said sugar, I used honey)
pinch salt
3 TBSP dry milk powder

I used my big mixer for this-
Put half the flour, all of the oatbran, the salt, and dry milk powder in the mixer and make sure it's mixed. In another bowl dissolve the yeast in the water with the honey. When it foams, slowly add the water mixture into the flour mixture with the mixer going. When the dough begins to form, add the last of the flour slowly. Let the mixer knead the dough until it pulls away from the sides of the bowl (about 3-5 minutes). Turn off the mixer and remove the dough to a greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place 30-45 minutes until nearly doubled. Punch dough down and turn out onto your lightly-greased pizza pan. Pat or roll the dough out onto the pan. Let rest/rise 15 minutes.

Top with desired pizza toppings- I used homemade tomato sauce with herbs, chopped Canadian bacon, green pepper, onion, shrooms, and turkey pepperoni. Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes until crust is browned around the edges and toppings are browning! YUMMY!

3 comments:

Nau-Dee said...

This looks like one you'd get at a pizza joint - it looks awesome! My hubby has really missed "traditional" pizza's so I'm gonna have to make this. It looks incredible!

purvis said...

I just made this and I have to say... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I never thought I would be able to have pizza again. At least not legally. This turned out sooooo goooood. Tastes like regular pizza, but less greasy. I used a homemade tomato sauce, mozzerella cheese, mushrooms and chicken breast. Mmmmmm....

By the way, I was so impressed with myself for making pizza for the first time that I took a picture: http://i10.tinypic.com/2ez4fg1.jpg

Stephanie said...

That crust looks amazing!