Thursday, September 07, 2006

Chicken Cordon Bleu and Fixin's!

We LOVE Chicken Cordon Bleu. I LOVE asparagus (can you tell???). A match made in heaven! I made the Mock Hollandaise sauce to top them, and it was just the right flavor!

Chicken Cordon Bleu P1

Thin sliced chicken breast, one slice per person
2 slices ham per breast
1 slice Imported Emmenthaler Swiss per breast
salt&pepper

Very simple. Bake the chicken for 5 minutes at 425. Top with two pieces folded ham then the cheese. Broil for 10 minutes until cheese browns.

Mock Hollandaise P1

1 egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute
1 tbsp spread
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp dijon mustard

I double this because I love it so much!
Melt the spread in a measuring cup in the microwave. Whisk in the egg or sub, lemon juice, and mustard. Heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes on low heat stirring every 15-20 seconds until thickened.

1 comment:

Nau-Dee said...

This plate makes my mouth water! It looks GREAT and sounds so yummy. I think I'll have to give the recipe a try as it sounds so yummy.