Thursday, April 20, 2006

Muffins



Here is a picture of the Rhubarb Muffin I made. I will post the recipe too! It was originally a coffee cake recipe with a streusel topping, but I thought muffins would be easier for my hubby to take to work.

Rhubarb Muffins
1/2 c butter (I used Fleishman's Olive Oil Spread)
1 1/2 c sugar (I used 3/4 c fructose)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour (I used WW Pastry flour)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 c buttermilk (I used 1/4 c dry buttermilk and 1 cup skim)
2 c rhubarb, chopped
Preheat oven to 350.
Cream together butter and sugar, then add in the eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Mix dry ingredients then slowly add it alternating with the milk, until all is mixed. Stir in the rhubarb.
Scoop into sprayed (or lined) muffin tins, making 12-16 depending on how big you want them. I sprinkled the tops with oats. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from muffin pan immediately and cool or wire rack.

No comments: