Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm here, I'm here...

I know! Busy busy busy!

I got to go to the Topeka office last week and meet people. It's like Bizarro World where everything is so well organized! That'll never be me, that's for sure. I also had lunch with Mary, our real estate agent and someone I've known forever. She took me to a house after that and I saw the first one of many I'm sure! Nice- fully remodelled and a kitchen to kill for! I am heading back up Friday to do some work in the office, and if there's time may drive by one or two more of the houses on our list.

Weight loss is creeeeeeeping. I am now down to 197.2, so have lost a total of 6.4 pounds since December 26th. I'm still better off than I was 2 years ago- I WAS 270! I have decided to try and post here daily (I DID say TRY!) what I am eating and what my exercise is starting today. So here goes-

Breakfast- ham, shrooms, swiss omelet and coffee
Lunch- Couldn't bear the thought of a salad so I had Chinese take out- beef, chicken, shrimp w/ LOADS of veggies and I got the sauce on the side (and barely used any). I did eat a tiny bit of rice...
Dinner- pork&pintos w/ usual toppings, red wine
I'm supplying a picture of this. Those of you I share my recipes with are familiar with Sam's favorite meal- Pork and Bean Burritos. This is it. It's the perfect meal to make when you have to work all day since you use the crockpot.
And just so you know, I didn't exercise today.

Pork and Pintos- this makes several meals
3-4 pound pork sirloin roast (the cheapo boneless one), remove the netting if it has it
1 pound dry pintos, cooked and drained
1 can enchilada sauce
1 chopped onion
salt and pepper
Put the beans in the crock, top with everything else. Cook on low all day. When you get home, mash everything together with a potato masher until the beans are mostly smooshed and the meat os shredded. For our family this makes about 5 meals. It freezes very well.
We eat this on whole wheat tortillas and top them with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream- whatever! This series of meals costs me about $11 to make- for the entire batch! Talk about budget-friendly!
I am off to do just a little more work. I'll do my best to post food again tomorrow!

No comments: