Thursday, July 19, 2007

Friday here I come!

Well, we're leaving tomorrow! I've got just about everything packed, and the house is pretty much picked up. We even got a power inverter for the car so Sam can watch movies on the laptop while we drive! Of course, I bet he chooses to read more than watch movies... Smart kid!
This is what I made for dinner last night. It was just a chicken breast stuffed with a mix of spinach and mixed Italian cheeses. Then I baked it for 30 minutes @ 425 and topped it with more cheese. I broiled that until it browned nicely. I made a "bed" for it out of a pint of my canned tomatoes mixed with Italian seasoning and simmered until it reduced quite a bit. Served with broccoli and fresh tomatoes it was a great meal! These sliced tomatoes we have eaten at every dinner for the last week. I have said it before, but NOTHING beats a garden-fresh tomato! We even had some again tonight with the Thunder Thighs, green beans, and baked butternut squash!

As I said, I baked a squash tonight. It was one from our garden of course. I was surprised- Joe even ate his half! I cut it lengthwise and seeded it. Then I put on a tablespoon of olive oil spread and sprinkled the cut side with DiabetiSweet Brown and covered the dish with foil. Bake it @ 425 for an hour, then drizzle it with the melted butter in the cavity and I drizzled a little SF maple syrup on it. Bake another 10 minutes and YUMMMMMMMMMMMM! Definitely a new Thanksgiving dish!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Seymour Dreams said...

your dinner looks and sounds good. that chicken has my mouth watering!
Hope your trip was wonderful!