Saturday, June 02, 2007

Chicken Wings and Green Beans


Last night's dinner was good! The wings were fabulous, even if they weren't grilled. I marinated them for two hours in a mix of
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp chili garlic sauce
1 tsp spice mix (ginger, garlic, white pepper)
1 tsp sesame oil
and 2 tbsp rice vinegar
Then since it was pouring outside, I broiled them for 10 minutes on each side, brushing them with the marinade (yes Grandma, I boiled it first!). They were awesome, and I will definitely make them again, maybe next time I'll use the whole chicken? The green beans could have cooked a bit longer, but they were good. I sauteed half of a small sweet onion chopped finely with 1 tbsp minced garlic in a bit of EVOO, then threw in the beans and 1/2 cup water. I "steamed" them for about 7 minutes (should have done 10?) and then removed the lid to evaporate the liquid. I then stirred in one packet of Stevia Plus. I drizzled a little tamari on my helping- YUMM!

Yesterday Sam and I made cookies. It was raining all day and he was very bored, so we looked thru my cookbooks and found a recipe for whole grain Snickerdoodles. I used sugar-sub for the sugars IN them, but did use a tiny bit of real sugar for the rolling. They turned out a bit dry, almost biscuit-like in texture? Not bad tasting tho! Yes, I did have one- they were very very small. We made them to take with us today.

Joe brought Sam home a fishing pole last night, he was so excited! He had one already (an old ice-fishing pole, perfect size for him), but it doesn't work very well. They are outside now setting it up for later. We are still going camping, even with the tremendous amount of rain we have gotten the last week. It'll be interesting to see how muddy it is out there. Could be a short trip!

I better get out there and help get everything loaded into the truck. Back tomorrow!

1 comment:

Nau-Dee said...

The marinade sounds yummy!!!!!!