Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Feeling better already...

Well, I did forget to photo last night's dinner! We ate late and by the time everything was at the table we were all pretty dang hungry! I can tell you this tho- it was fabulous! I seasoned the chops with a mix of salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, and chipotle powder and then grilled them to 145 degrees and let them sit 10 minutes while I grilled the veggies. Three huge chops left plenty for lunch today and some to freeze for later! I ate a huge mound of beans with it, along with lots of grilled veggies. Sadly, later in the evening I got the munchies and ate one of those cheesecake cups, a frozen coconut bar (too good, can't buy those again!). and some peanuts. Only one of those snacks wasn't good for me, so I think I did okay. ;)


Breakfast this morning was the usual omelet with 2 cups of veggies, and lunch will be the leftovers from last night. Tonight's dinner will be pretty simple- steak, roasted sweet potato, and probably green beans or broccoli. I go shopping today so I should be able to stock up on fruit to snack on.


These are our new kitties, for those of you who haven't seen them yet. The orange tabby is Max, the black-and-white is his sister Charlie (she was supposed to be a boy!). Our kitties are at the vet today getting declawed (don't hate me, we just think it's best) and Max is getting neutered. The house is so quiet without them today!


Today is also the first "official" day of Sam's summer vacation. The first shopping trip with him in the summer is always a task, so I am very happy he will have a book to read! We have so much to buy this week with the camping trip coming up Saturday, it could be a LONG afternoon! Last year it took until nearly the end of summer to realize that taking a book would be wise, not this year! I bought him tons of books at the library book sale last month so he's well stocked.


I am beginning to get very excited about this camping trip Saturday! Granted we will be with a bunch of people we don't normally socialize with (it's a bunch of boys and their families from Sam's cubscout pack), but this is also the first time Joe and I have been since around our second anniversary! I grew up camping, so I love it. He on the other hand is NOT a big camper. With all that hair and such, he gets testy if he doesn't get a shower within 10 minutes of waking. The place the scoutmaster chose is at a state fishing lake and there are newer bathroom facilities near the camping site. I'm excited that there will be other boys there to play and fish with so Sam won't get too bored. I just missed camping, so this will be nice (unless there are some bad campers next to us like last time!). I will take lots of pictures! It's okay to have a S'more, right? ;)

1 comment:

Nau-Dee said...

The cats look like they keep you pretty entertained and they look like a pretty close pair....its good when siblings can get a long :D

Have fun on the camping trip and I look forward to seeing the Pict's. :D