Saturday, August 26, 2006

Hens in the Crock Pot


I got a new crockpot a month ago and have only used it once. Awful, huh? Looking thru my crockpot cookbook the other night, I found this recipe. I added carrots, but otherwise did it right as the recipe said (proud of me Danielle?).

Hens in Herb Wine Sauce P1

1 game hen per person
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 cup white wine
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
5 garlic cloves, pressed or chopped
3 tbsp chopped bacon (approx. 2 slices cooked and crumbled)
1 onion sliced
2 tbsp flour (I used soy flour)
salt and pepper

Toss the hens with the flour and S&P. Place the onion slices into the bottom of the crock, and put the hens on top. Mix the broth, wine, thyme, and garlic and pour over the hens. Cook on low for 8 hours.

I added a pound of baby carrots at the beginning(which would make this P2), and a then for the last 30 minutes added a bunch of fresh asparagus. This was excellent with some brown rice!

No comments: