Tuesday, August 01, 2006

5:4 take three- Huevos Rancheros with Cumin-Roasted Cauliflower


Okay, so for the third installment for 5:4, I came up with this breakfast. I have honestly never had heuvos rancheros, so I have no idea how this compares! I know it is served on a tortilla, but I wanted to use cumin and salsa as my extras so I skipped it! I did also add some extra cilantro to the salsa because, well, I LOVE cilantro!!! I have to tell you, this was absolutely delicious!

Huevos Rancheros with Cumin Roasted Cauliflower P1

1 can refried beans (I made homemade ones- boiled the pintos 2 hours, then mashed with some of the cooking liquid and cumin), heated
1 pork tenderloin, very thinly sliced
Cumin
Olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
2 eggs per person
Salsa
Sour cream
Cilantro

In a large zipper bag, combine the sliced pork with 1 tsp oil, a good amount of salt and pepper, and cumin to taste. Toss well and marinate in the fridge several hours.
In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with 2 tbsp oil, lots of salt and pepper, and about 2 tsp cumin (more if you want it spicy). Pour out into a large baking pan and roast at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until well browned and cooked.
Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, adding 1 tsp oil. Stir-fry the pork until done and nicely browned, about 10 minutes.
Fry the eggs as desired- I prefer over-medium.On the plate, place a large dollop of beans on one side and top with some pork. On the pork, place the eggs and top them with salsa, chopped cilantro, and sour cream. On the other side of the plate, put a good amount of cauliflower.

1 comment:

Nau-Dee said...

what a great idea. this looks so good.