Friday, July 14, 2006

Grill Roasted Chicken and all the fixin's!


I roasted this chicken on the grill tonight. Sorry I didn't get a pic of it before I cut into it- the guys were hungry! I threw some applewood chips in my little grill-top smoker box and they flavored it quite well! The green beans are from my garden. I sauteed them with some onions, then threw on some red wine vinegar and Stevia Plus. Toss and they're done! This went very well with a nice Pinot Noir.

"Roasted" Chicken P1

one roasting chicken, about 5 pounds
Applewood chips
olive oil

Preheat grill to about 350 degrees.
Rinse the chicken and pat dry. I have an upright roasting rack, so I placed mine on that. Rub with the oil and season if desired.
Turn off the center burner on your grill, if you have a three burner grill! If not, turn off one side and just use the off side. Place chicken on or off your roaster on the unlit side. Throw some smoke chips onto the lit side. Close the grill and cook for about 30 minutes. Turn the chicken, and cook for another 30-45 minutes or until it reads 165 degrees.
Remove to a platter and let sit for 15 minutes.

No comments: