Monday, July 03, 2006

Brat Supper


I have made this dinner for years, but I think the changes I made to make it SB-friendly have really improved it! I replaced the new potatoes with sweet and added green beans fresh from the garden and brussels sprouts. This is also great with mushrooms added, but I didn't have any left. Delicious!






Brat Supper P2

One package brats, each cut into fourths
three large handfuls baby carrots
1/2 pound sprouts, trimmed
one red onion, cut into slivers
one pound fresh green beans, trimmed
one large sweet potato, cut into one inch pieces
2 tbsp beef boullion granules (or one packet French Onion soup mix)
1/2 cup water
Preheat grill to about 400 degrees. Turn all burners down to low (for charcoal grill, move most of coals to sides.
Toss all ingredients together. pour into a large broiler pan or foil roasting pan, spreading it out evenly. Cover with foil and place on grill rack. Cover grills, and roast for 30 minutes. Stir the meat and veggies, discarding foil. Cover grill again and roast for another 20-30 minutes or until sweet potato is fully cooked.

2 comments:

Nau-Dee said...

looks good and hearty!

Catherine said...

Mmmmm...that is making me hungry! Would you believe I don't think I've had sweet potatoes since I started this diet, even though I love them?