Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Doughnuts???


Yeah, that was my thought-

How can you eat doughnuts on South Beach?
Well, here's the recipe. I can definitely say these are outstanding!

Whole Wheat Doughnuts P2
1 c plus 2 T whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 t baking soda
3 t cinnamon
1/8 t salt
1/4 c sweetner of choice (I used 3 TBSP fructose)
Mix all of this together with whisk and then in another bowl-
1/3 c applesauce
1/3 c ff buttermilk
1 large egg
1 1/2 t vanilla (I forgot this!)
add this to the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened I put this into a pan that makes doughnuts and bake them at 350 for about 12-13 minutes.

For the topping I mixed 2 tablespoons cream cheese (I had already sweetened with vanilla and Splenda) with 1 tablespoon SF strawberry jam and melted them together.

2 comments:

Nau-Dee said...

this looks really yummy! I'm gonna have to give it a shot. Thanks for posting it!!!!

Kitchen Goddess said...

I made them again yesterday but didn't top them with the cheese/jam. I dunked the top in the Splenda powdered sugar glaze (1 1/2 cups Splenda, 1/4 cup arrowroot blended until powder, then mixed with vanilla and milk). I had never tried the glaze before, but it was wonderful! Almost tasted like marshmallows? Even J liked them! I baked them in mini-muffin cups to make "doughnut holes". Great!