Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Tostada (and Strawberries On A Cloud)


Okay, so I don't have a pic of that- YET! But here's one of our dinner from tonight. I made SB Tostadas, and I think they were better than the original! I will post both recipes though.

Strawberries On A Cloud

8oz LF or FF cream cheese, softened
1 package SF/FF white chocolate pudding mix
1 cup skim milk
1 cup FF Cool Whip
1/4 cup SF strawberry jam, melted
10 strawberries, sliced

Beat the cheese, milk, and pudding mix on high in mixer until well blended and no longer lumpy. With spatula, fold in the CW and jam. Spread into a dish and top with sliced berries. Chill 2 hours to "set up" a little.

This stuff is so good!

Here's what I did for the tostadas:

One Flatout 100% White WW tortilla
1/2 cup cooked ground beef
1/2 c FF refried beans
1 tsp taco seasoning
shredded lettuce
cheese
FF/LF sour cream
diced tomatoes
black olives

Put the tortilla on a baking sheet and "toast" it in the oven at 400 for about 7-10 minutes, or until crisp. In a bowl, mix the meat, beans, and seasoning- then nuke it for a minute until warmed. Spread the mixture on the tortilla to the edges and top with lettuce, sourcream, cheese, tomatoes, and olives. If you want salsa, add that too!

One of these was too much for me, so I think maybe I will use the smaller tortilla next time. They were better than the fried corn ones for sure!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

OMG, I'm DROOLING over both of these recipes!!