Friday, May 05, 2006

Parmesan Crusted Chicken- Yummo!


I got this recipe from my friend Danielle. She said it was good, but she lied. It's INCREDIBLE!!! The picture isn't great, my camera doesn't like close-ups!


Parmesan Crusted Chicken

4 slices of ww bread, torn into large pieces
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
2 TAB coarsely chopped fresh parsley, or 1 TBSP dried
1/4 each salt and pepper (I didn't use)
1 large egg, lightly beaten (I used egg white only)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cutlets (I used 3 large ones)
2 TAB Olive oil
2 TAB fresh lemon juice (I doubled)
1 TAB Dijon mustard (I doubled)
2 TAB cold butter, cut into small pieces (I used 2TBSP olive oil spread)
1 pkt of Splenda (I used 1 TBSP)
1) In food processor, pulse bread, Parmesan, parsley and 1/4 tsp salt and pepper until fine and crumbles form. Transfer to a shallow bowl: place beaten egg in another.
2) One at a time, dip chicken cutlets (or strips) into egg and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Press firmly to get the breadcrumbs to stick well.
3)Heat 1 to 2 Tab Olive oil in large nonstick skillet over med heat. Cook cutlets a few at a time and add 1 to 2 TAB more oil if needed for each new batch, until through, 4-5 minutes per side.(Mine were really thick, so I baked them for about 10 minutes at 475, until they read 160 on a thermometer. Let them rest for 5 minutes or so before serving.)
4) Wipe skillet clean. Add lemon juice and 1/4 cup water; cook on low or med til steaming, 1 min. (I brought it to boiling since I doubled it.) Add mustard and remove from heat, and stir in butter until combined. Drizzle over chicken and serve. Note: when adding butter to the lemon-Dijon sauce, be sure to stir vigorously with a wooden spoon or heat proof spatula.

I served this with broccoli that I had buttered (with olive oil spread), topped with more parmesan, and baked at 475 for about 10 minutes. So good!

1 comment:

Nau-Dee said...

I'm thrilled you enjoyed! Its not a recipe I created....I wish I did as its Wonderful!! All I changed on it was added a pkt of splenda to make the sauce sweet. This recipe is one I got from the everyday Food magazine. There was a reader who submitted it, but I cant remember her name or location at this time. Its in the EVERYDAY FOOD, MARCH 2006 issue under READER RECIPES