Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Toasty Applesauce Wheat Muffins


I created my own muffin recipe this afternoon because I forgot to buy my hubby anything to eat for breakfast! Hope he likes these as much as our son seems to, he's eating one right now and keeps telling me I'm the best cook in the world!

Toasty Applesauce Wheat Muffins

3/4 cup raw wheat germ
2 cups WW flour (I used white WW)
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup Splenda (they turned out pretty sweet, so maybe only 1/4 cup?)
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup applesauce
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 1/3 cup milk (I used 1 1/4 cup and think it may need a dash more)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Whisk the wet ingredients in a large bowl, mixing the honey well. Slowly add the dry, and stir until just moistened. Scoop into well-sprayed muffin cups (makes about 12-14). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments: